You are here
Roxy is an adorable 4 year-old pitbull mix, who like many pitties, has not been dealt the best hand in life. Her last owner tied her to a tree and nearly starved her to death. Upon rescue, she weighed a mere 26lbs and her first few bowel movements were pure dirt. She currently weighs 38 pounds and we are estimating her healthy weight to be around 40 - 45 pounds. She is a short, stocky girl and she has a calm, sweet nature. Roxy is looking for someone who wants to make her a permanent family member. She has been failed by humans one too many times, and her next home simply must be the last.
She loves to be around her people whether it is laying at your feet while you’re cooking or snuggling on the couch. She is being fostered with two young children and three other female dogs.
Below are Roxy’s highlights and things to know.
- Good with some dogs after proper introduction
- Great with children.
- House trained as long as she is taken out consistently and on a schedule.
- Crate trained
- Very affectionate
- Loves to cuddle
- Is spayed, up to date with vaccines, on heartworm preventative and microchipped
Things to know about Roxy:
- absolutely NO cats or small animals!
- is crate trained and should be crated when her family is not home
- Will eat any food left lying around; she is a ravenous eater but who could blame her? A slow feeder bowl is recommended.
- Needs proper introduction with other dogs, does best with submissive dogs
The adoption fee for Roxy is $300
For more detailed information and pictures on Roxy, please visit our Facebook page @symbioticinc or find us on Instagram @symbioticsuffolk